Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:27:39 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Farooq Mela <fmela0@sm.socccd.cc.ca.us>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of agpgart device

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

4.3-RELEASE comes with an agp device. Simply add agp_load=3D"YES" to your
/boot/loader.conf file, or device agp to your kernel config file. It=20
only supports certain AGP bridges though, look in /usr/src/sys/pci/agp*
for more info.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 04:48:00PM -0700, Farooq Mela wrote, and it was pro=
claimed:
> Hi hackers@,
>=20
> What is the status of the /dev/agpgart device? (I'm running 4.3-STABLE
> with a recent cvsup).  Is it working, perhaps using a compatible
> interface with the linux device the of the same name (I can dream
> can't I ;-) ?  I ask because I recently tried compiling Utah-GLX with
> AGP acceleration support, and it requires a /dev/agpgart device, but
> the testgart program errors out when it tries to ioctl the agpgart
> device.
>=20
> The Utah-GLX website all provides a tarball
> (http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/gart/agpgart-freebsd-20000619.tar.gz)
> which includes a FreeBSD agpgart driver (as a KLD), but it fails to
> compile.  I believe it was for the FreeBSD 3.x series, and has tons of
> compile errors.  The documentation for the driver also states the as
> part of the installation, a /dev/agpgart must be built, yet I already
> had a /dev/agpgart device.  This leads me to believe this driver is a
> bit antiquated.
>=20
> Any ideas?
>=20