Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:32:08 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        timur@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of samba ports

On 2019-09-12 13:13, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like some information WRT to the status of samba ports, what is
> [not] working, what *should* be working and what is planned.
> Is it supposed to be production ready?
> What does and what does not work?
> Is there some page (wiki or whatever) that outlines the status of Samba
> on FreeBSD?
> Is there anything we can do to help?

Hello.
While we are still in the dark here, 4.11 was released today, obsoleting
4.8, which I think is the default version on FreeBSD.

Sorry for being pedantic, but I believe a lot of us would benefit from
some guidance:
_ should we upgrade promptly to 4.10? Will it work or will it be a waste
of time?
_ should we stay on 4.8, because it will be the default on FreeBSD for a
long time still? And will it be fixed?
_ should we just wait for a (working) 4.11 to come our way? When will
this happen?

  bye & Thanks
	av.