Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:40:49 -0700
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Joey Mingrone <joey@mingrone.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hw.clockrate

Joey Mingrone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 on an Asus M6800n (1.7 GHz Pentium M), but
> hw.clockrate is showing 600 even when I'm plugged.  Is my CPU really running
> at 600MHz?

My thinkpad boots and stays at a lower performance state (733 vs. 1 ghz) if
booted on batteries, even when later plugged in.  So are you booting with the
AC adapter in?  Also, check your BIOS settings (as someone else said).

I'm trying to finish up the cpufreq driver, which will provide automatic and
manual control of clock/voltage.  That's the real answer.

-Nate