Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:15:01 +0000
From:      Ilya Varlashkin <ilya@samara.net>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal Emulation

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:55:38PM -0500, Ken Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:27:34AM -0800, Mark Cartwright wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if there are any plans to make
> > console terminal emmulation work properly under
> > freebsd/sparc64?  I am not a developer, but I can't
> > imagine it would be that difficult to borrow some code
> > from the other BSD's (opena and net) which both are
> > capable of running X locally and have full support for
> > the sun terminal type.
>
> I can't speak for other developers but these issues are something
> I'm interested in taking care of at some point if nobody else gets
> to it first.  That said, I have absolutely no clue what kind of
> a timeframe that would happen in.  I'm still getting my bearings
> and have another obligation or two within the project.

I'm not sure if the problem I had with the console is the only that exists.
If so, I solved it just copying terminal definition from Solaris. Works
fine now!

If there is no copyright problem in this, why don't just incorporate these
changes into the FreeBSD source tree? I can send the definition I use
if this makes sense.

Kind regards,
Ilya Varlashkin