Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:30:48 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        dillon@earth.backplane.com, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/newfs newfs.8 newfs.c

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <200110152328.f9FNSmm74347@misha.privatelabs.com> mi@aldan.algebra.com writes:
> : I don't like the "vaguesness" of this. Do other ratios work (even if
> : slower), or do the trigger bugs nobody wants to chase? Just MHO, of
> : course...
>
> other ratios do seem to work on systems that don't have a high disk
> load.  we've shipped systems with 4k/1k and haven't had problems with
> that.

	If someone with more knowledge wants to modify the entry I made, my
feelings certainly won't be hurt. My only purpose was not allowing this
bit of wisdom to escape documentation, since it's obviously rather
important.

Doug
--
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
	- George W. Bush, President of the United States