Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2018 01:54:43 +0200
From:      Kajetan Staszkiewicz <vegeta@tuxpowered.net>
To:        Ermal =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lu=E7i?= <eri@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Kristof Provost <kp@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-pf@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pf tables locking

--nextPart2036494.pfWuGqApS5

On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 15:44:52 CEST Ermal Lu=E7i wrote:

> If you really want to spend time on it, the best option is to pull out the
> pool concept used by the rules/nat... and manage it outside of the
> rules/states but in its own module referenced by the former ones.

Do you mean as separate kernel module? Or totally outside of kernel? I was=
=20
considering doing this outside of kernel by providing a weighted round-robi=
n=20
algorithm but that would still require most of the patches as for doing it=
=20
within kernel, in order to get counters working for redirection tables and=
=20
state counter per table element, which both are missing in kernel now.

> This would allow extensibility and propper reasoning about it.

It might be the late hour but I really don't see how it would be extensible=
=2E=20
Please be more specific.

=2D-=20
| pozdrawiam / greetings | powered by Debian, FreeBSD and CentOS |
|  Kajetan Staszkiewicz  | jabber,email: vegeta()tuxpowered net  |
|        Vegeta          | www: http://vegeta.tuxpowered.net     |