Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:49:58 +0300
From:      Martes Wigglesworth <martes.wigglesworth@earthlink.net>
To:        ipfw-mailings <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   More specific diverting rules...

Greetings list.

I am trying to explore the abilities of ipfw to divert more specific
traffic patterns. Has anyone been able to successfully divert only
specific entities to the outside word, and only specific replies, as
follows:

divert natd ip from ${int_net} to any out xmit ${ext_dev}
divert natd ip from any to ${int_net} in recv ${ext_dev}

I have not read a good explanation of what the significance of the
divert address/device, is.  Does the interface in the last example have
to be the external device, or do I need to designate the internal
address that the int_net is running on, within the natd machine?

Any help would be splended.

Thanks.

--
Respectfully,

M.G.W.

System:
Asus M6N
Intel Dothan 1.7
512MB RAM
40GB HD
10/100/1000 NIC
Wireless b/g (not working yet)
BSD-5.2.1
GCC-3.3.5/3.3.3(until I replace indigenous gcc)
IFORT-for linux(Intell Fortran)
gfortran
python-2.3
Perl-5.6.1/5.8.5