Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:52:21 -0800
From:      David Leimbach <leimy2k@gmail.com>
To:        Erik Osterholm <erik@cepheid.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "bge0: gigabit like up" once per second

On 1/8/06, Erik Osterholm <erik@cepheid.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 04:10:07PM -0800, David Leimbach wrote:
> > On 1/8/06, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> > >

> > > On my AMD64/-current, the console prints
> > >
> > >         bge0: gigabit link up
> > >
> > > once per second...
> >

> > I'm having trouble with this driver too in FBSD 6.0 in conjunction with
> > if_bridge.
> >
> > Dave
>
> Same problem as listed above, or something different?

I haven't honestly had the time to look and see if it is exhibiting the sam=
behavior.  I've been terribly sick and now very busy.

Needless to say I've had no end of problems with Broadcom hardware on many
different platforms right down to the Xserves on G5 systems [seen em just
hang dead because of some incorrect specification givent to driver writers
at a particularly large deployment of these servers]

I'm seeing crashes after just a little bit of traffic is received on
> the bridge (if_bridge) if bgeX is a part of the bridge.  I plan on
> submitting a bug report this week on the problem.

Interesting... I don't crash, I just can't receive any traffic.  As soon as
I destroy the bridge interface things start working again.

I've tried both bge0 and bge1.

I'll try to collect some data of my own today on the matter.

Dave

Erik