Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 95 13:03 WET
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISP state their FreeBSD concerns

[0]First off, I really have to wonder why Frank Durda went to what was
[0]obviously a considerable effort to be anonymous.  The message had no
[0]signature and has been sent with a "From" of -current.

Uh, sorry it wasn't meant to be *that* way.  I was playing with some
options of xmail for re-routing replies and this was the result.
I see I also botched the sig inclusion.
Serves me right for composing at goofy hours of the night, but I got
going and wanted to finish before the scribbled notes on resturant
napkins became a useless jumble.

I really felt that any discussion of this should be where it can
be seen, rather than just between select flamers.

I tried to keep the comments as truthful and objective to the responses
I have got from local ISPs.  I entirely agree that these represent a
tiny fraction of the potential user base for FreeBSD, but unfortunately,
a lot of people ask them what *they* are using or what that recommend, and
it is a lot like those "when we talk they listen" ads.   Their word
can influence interest (or the lack of it) in FreeBSD.  So it would be
nice if the ISPs were better informed on the state of FreeBSD.

[0]Well, I'll certainly do my best to address these points, as I'm sure
[0]will others, but it does beg the question: How do we get the
[0]information back to them?  If you're willing to act as a conduit,
[0]great, otherwise it'll be something of a wasted effort..

Some are subscribers to the lists, others are getting copies of all
replies from other routes, including me.  They are watching and keen
to hear our side of the story.  They've heard the spin from the Linux
group or from magazines with slants toward other systems.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Fastest Route)| demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |"A what?"
...decvax!fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem         |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983

Did it right this time!