Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 18:03:49 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Multiport serial cards

In message <199503171120.GAA07796@hda.com> Peter Dufault writes:

>Finally - is there an AST/8, or other 8 port 16550 board that works
>with the "sio" driver?  There will be at least two other light duty
>serial ports for this application.  An AST/4 plus COM1 and COM2
>will do it, but I would just as soon identify another path.

Yes, it is called ARNET-8, just like AST but without master register.
It can be switched to two AST-4 by jumpers, but I don't use this mode.
I typically use two such cards per
machine + com-ports it 1.x, in -current I have some problems with tty buffers
overflow on uucp lines.
--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -