Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:07:49 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org, kmitch@guru.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: major timer/APIC code changes.

Hi,

> I keep getting system freezes with this (or some other) new code.  My -current
> from about two weeks ago works fine, but under the this and the later stuff
> my kernel seems to just freeze.

I have received several reports from people stating that the cure
to their problems with the recent code has been fixed by a cvsup &
new "make world".  My own experience was that a dual P5 system with
a world as new as 7-13 would panic with the 7-16 thru 7-18 code.
If you have any problems with the new SMP code, you must cvsup
the entire source tree (ie NOT just sys) and "make world".  After
making world, rebuild a new SMP kernel with it b4 rebooting.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by