Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:25:30 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@consys.com>
To:        Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        Ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD slogan/advert ideas

}On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Ruslan Shevchenko wrote:
}
}   >
}   >  In reality, FreeBSD can not be concurentable ws NT,   we have few big
}   >problems:
}   >     1. bad java support
}   >        1. biss-awt won't work (on 2.2-stable)
}   >        2. port of latest jdk from sun is absent.
}
}	Can't comment here since I don't much on this topic.

A visit to javasoft's site turns up:

http://www.csi.uottawa.ca/~kwhite/javaport.html

Appears to be 1.1.2.  Seems to work, unfortunately I spend
most of my time in Visual Cafe these days, so I can't say how solid it is.

Russell