Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:03:20 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: termcap question

> How does one add a termcap entry if it wasn't a supplied terminal type?

Usually by adding it to ~/.termcap, unless you need it system-wide.

FWIW, I think a "linux" console entry should be added to the standard
FreeBSD termcap. I've needed it myself on occasion (but, fwiw, I don't
remember having to add the tc= references you apparently need).

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/