Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:56:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ard van Breemen <ard@cstmel.hobby.nl>
Subject:   Disabling/enabling aic features

Hi,
As a quick browse through the code, I could not find a way to override the
BIOS settings for the SCSI card.
I have an EISA twin SCSI controller, and it takes about 15 to 30 minutes
to reboot, start the ECU, change the settings, verify them and start them
again.
The setting I am looking for especially is enabling/disabling parity on a
particular Bus. I got both parity devices and parity-less devices, and I
want to use the internal bus to experiment on them. Of course, if I attach
a parity less device to a parity bus, a reset loop will occur, and render
the system useless...
(In this case I will try to make a Microtek 300 whatever scanner to work.
It does not like the request sense or Inquiry commands, because it works
with fixed size results. And of course Linux will go into a reset loop if
the device gives an error result on a device inquiry...)
--
 intel1: 1:39pm up 14 days, 19:20, 6 users, load average: 0.18, 0.19, 0.18