Date:      06 Apr 1999 21:11:19 +0200
From:      Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   lnc/pcnet32 doesn't work

Recently if I try to build a new kernel, the lnc1 NIC device
fails. The last kernel I built successfully was at March 11. I cvsup
/usr/src every day.

The machine is a HP Kayak XU with two PII CPUs and 256 MB RAM, and the
NIC is like this:

lnc1: <PCNet/PCI Ethernet adapter> rev 0x25 int a irq 18 on pci0.17.0

I tried to downgrade the files i386/isa/if_lnc.[ch] and
pci/if_lnc_p.[ch] to those from march 11, but that didn't help.

Does similar setups work for others? Anyone know what might cause
this?

Thanks,
--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld