Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:43:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        sm4tnp8@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: O2Micro success

In message: <20030428.211034.02881728.imp@bsdimp.com>
            "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:
[ 02micro didn't work, but a solution was found: ]
: : The trick was to set hw.pcic.intr_path="1" in /boot/loader.conf.
:
: This doesn't bode well for 5.x support.

Lemme explain this enigmatic comment a little.

NEWCARD forces PCI Yenta devices to use PCI interrupts.  So, if you
had to use ISA interrupts, that means that O2Micro may have issues.

O2Micro Laptop owners, please do me a favor: Look on ebay for your
EXACT model and send me the URL to the acutions.  <DREAM-MODE>Or
better yet, send me your laptop</DREAM-MODE> :-).

Warner