Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 16:27:20 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
Cc:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port of ext2fs fsck

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Chris Piazza wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 12:26:57PM -0500, Donn Miller wrote:
> > Is there such a beast?  This would be a big big help to those who
> > administer Linux boxes from FreeBSD machines.  And, it would make
> > life easier for those of us who dual-boot with FreeBSD and
> > Linux.  Basically, I'd like to see a port of e2fsck in the ports
> > collection.
>
> I have no idea how much work it'd be, but you or someone else
> could try porting NetBSD's fsck_ext2fs some time.  That would
> be what you need.
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/basesrc/sbin/fsck_ext2fs/

The current release of the ext2fs utilities seems to be
ef2fsprogs.1.17.tar.gz.  Available in most Linux archies.  Requires a
1 line patch to build.  Requires FreeBSD-3.4 or earlier, or Linux to
run since it requires block devices.  The utilities are:

    badblocks chattr(1) debugfs dumpe2fs e2fsck e2label fsck lsattr(1)
    mke2fs mklost+found tune2fs uuidgen(1)

Bruce