Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:07:27 +0100
From:      "Jose Luis Arbona Orovay" <jarbo@infocentre.gva.es>
To:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Aptiva CDROM boot

My new brand IBM Aptiva model 2178 is unable to boot from specific
FreeBSD CDROM boot. I've tested to boot from another bootable CDROM
(OpenBSD, Linux RedHat :-(, and it works well with no problem, but when
I try to boot from FreeBSD CDROM appears the post state 7F and stops
booting, keyboard works but booting doesn't continue and I must reboot
and retry with the floppies.

I (supposely) assume the problem is located at the BIOS,  not in FreeBSD
itself, BIOS cannot launch 2.88Mb CDROM boot images but I would like a
workaround or similar.

Thanks in advance.

Jose Luis