Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:44:09 -0600
From:      Joseph Myers <jkmyers@wichita.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus A8N-VM CSM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

I would like to build a computer and use FreeBSD 7.0. If need be, I would use
the stable version,
6.0.

I would have a good computer that's pretty cheap.

processor AMD Opteron model 165, dual-core 1.8 GHz $280
motherboard Asus A8N-VM CSM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430
ram Kingston KVR400X72C3A/1G 1GB 400MHz DDR ECC CL3 (3-3-3) DIMM (2 modules)
hard drive Seagate 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s (I'd probably install two in RAID 1,
because I want
reliability.)

I have been aware for a long time that there are often serious problems with
nVidia hardware.

Is there any hope that this will work? Now? Any time this year?

I can wait for a while, and possibly help investigate any issues so that it
will work for me and other
people.

Sincerely,
Joseph Myers