Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:16:31 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
To:        qhwt@myrealbox.com
Cc:        brian@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/ppp Makefile async.c async.h atm.c bundle.c ccp.c ccp.h chap.c chap.h chat.c command.c datalink.c datalink.h defs.c defs.h ether.c exec.c i4b.c lcp.c lcp.h main.c mppe.c netgraph.c netgraph.h physical.c physical.h route.c tcp.c ...

> Hello.
>
> > brian       2002/03/30 04:30:11 PST
>
> >   Modified files:
> >     usr.sbin/ppp         Makefile async.c async.h atm.c bundle.c
> >                          ccp.c ccp.h chap.c chap.h chat.c
> >                          command.c datalink.c datalink.h defs.c
> >                          defs.h ether.c exec.c i4b.c lcp.c lcp.h
> >                          main.c mppe.c physical.c physical.h
> >                          route.c tcp.c tty.c udp.c
>
> 			:
>
> >   1.126     +13 -17    src/usr.sbin/ppp/bundle.c
>
> In the 6th chunk, a decrement to bundle.unit after succeeding ID0kldload()
> is lost. This results in the unit number of tun device set to 1(tun1)
> instead of 0(tun0) when if_tun.ko is not yet kldload'ed() before ppp is
> invoked. If I exit from ppp and start it again, ppp uses tun0, leaving
> tun1 behind. After that and receiving a few megabytes, I've experienced
> a mysterious panic (getnewvnode: free vnode isn't). The panic itself, though,
> is something similar to that I'm always seeing whenever I didn't kill
> pccardd before doing acpiconf -s3, so it might be unrelated to this issue.
> Anyway, a patch is attached.
>
> Regards.
[.....]

Committed - thanks.  I'd seen that it was doing this, but hadn't got
around to tracking it down :*)

I don't think the vnode thing is associated.  That's probably a
locking problem that jhb may (or may not) have fixed already.
--
Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>