Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2006 00:53:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Riemer Palstra <riemer@palstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mysql5/PHP5 installed from ports on FBSD 6

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Riemer Palstra wrote:

|->On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:50:48PM -0700, Keith Woodworth wrote:
|->
|->> Active Persistent Links 	0
|->> Active Links 	0
|->> Client API version 	5.0.19
|->> MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE 	no value
|->> MYSQL_SOCKET 	/tmp/mysql.sock
|->> MYSQL_INCLUDE 	no value
|->> MYSQL_LIBS 	no value
|->
|->Nothing out of the ordinary in this output. Is MySQL still running and
|->is the socket still there? Also, did you initialize the MySQL database
|->and set a root password?

Really? having no value above is ok? yes mysql is still running and the
socket is still in /tmp.

I did init the database - mysql_install_db, change the perms/ownership as
mysql was not starting and a quick google showed me that problem.

Didnt set the root yet...shortcutting things now as Ive been staring at
php and perl all day and starting to get tired.

|->> oh thats not good, seeing the INCLUDE and LIBS with 'no value'. So
|->> copy over a small test db and some php scripts to the new server, all
|->> I get output is 'error' when doing a sql query via php...nothing in
|->> httpd-error.log like my other php4/apache1.3 machine either, so I dont
|->> know how its failing.
|->
|->By copying over a test db, do you mean importing an SQL dump, or did you
|->just copy over some files? Also, are the privileges on the test database
|->right and does it show up when you do a SHOW DATABASES; ?
|->
|->And 'error' is the only thing the script spits out? That's a bit hard
|->for diagnostics, IMHO.

Created the directory under /var/db/mysql, copied over the 3 files that
make that database up. Login to mysql and the database is there, show
tables shows the table and a select * from <table> gives me the data that
I know is there.

And yes 'error' is the only thing that gets output to the browser when the
php script gets hit. I know its not great.

I think I need to look at mysql more as I did things a bit quick and dirty
here.

Thanks.