Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:34:53 +0900
From:      Hye-Shik Chang <perky@i18n.org>
To:        Tim Middleton <x@Vex.Net>
Cc:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The zope port is updated to 2.7. [pav@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.python.mk ports/www/zope Makefile distinfo pkg-deinstall pkg-install pkg-message pkg-plist ports/www/zope/files CREDITS Message apache.conf.Zope-Changes patch-lib-python-zdaemon-zdctl.py zope.conf_changes zope.sh

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 02:47:32PM +0000, Tim Middleton wrote:
> On Friday 02 April 2004 11:38, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> > Subject: cvs commit: ports/Mk bsd.python.mk ports/www/zope Makefile
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I'd missed this commit; though i'd been thinking
> about it (as usual) and wondering if it was coming. I noticed the
> maintainership drop a week and a half ago...
>
> And I see that this commit doesn't include the submitter taking up
> maintainership... )-:

Gerhard (the originator of the PR) didn't have taken the maintainership
in his PR.

> I've been tempated to offer to take it up myself
> several times, but am always nervous i won't be able to give it the time it
> needs.

Hey, Cheer up and just try it!  I can help you to do a good maintainer
job in www/zope. :)  Feel free to put me in Cc in zope-related PRs.

> Anyhow, i'm curious (and a bit nervous), to see what the final solution to
> organizing the Zope 2.7 port has been... i look forward to checking it out
> soon... it will be nice to normalize my system and be able to install zope
> products via ports again rather than manually as I have been doing for some
> time now: and also finally update the product ports I maintain --- i'd been
> holding off hoping zope port would get updated first as I haven't had 2.6.x
> installed for quite a while now.

Obviously, installing zope via port now became nicer than installing
from the source package directly.  I have installed several products
from port and found it is very neat for Zope 2.7 while I didn't like
to install products from port in -2.6 era. :-)

Hye-Shik