Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:11:45 -0400
From:      "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Page fault on reboot

I've been tracking 4.X-stable and until I did a make world, build kernel and mergemaster yesterday, I was have no problems.
After rebuilding the system yesterday, I started getting a page fault on rebooting the system (FreeBSD 4.4-stable #9).
And after applying ctm 666 and 667 this am, I rebuilt the system (FreeBSD 4.4-stable #11) I'm still getting the
page fault on re-boot.  The error message is:

fault virtual address   = 0x4
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0x0
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc01a15db
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc01a15db
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 380 (kldunload)
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault

Any ideas on what is causing this???