Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 19:52:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   forwarded message from Eric Masson

Subject: Re: ed0/ThinkPad/mknod question
From: Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To: Marco Shaw <marco@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 18:45:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

Marco Shaw writes:
>If someone could be so kind to give me an 'ls -al' on /dev/ed0...
Don't think it's the point, I'm using a TP 390 with a Ne2K clone and I _do_
not have a device file for it.

>pccardd just complains about 'no card in database for ""("")', but I've
>copied over pccard.conf.sample to pccard.conf, unless there's something
>else...
Seems that :
1- You have a setup problem with pccardd.
or
2- Your card isn't a pccard but a cardbus.

It would be helpful to have the following items :
1- Output of uname -a on your box
2- Output of dmesg on your box
3- kernel config file
4- brand & type of your card

Regards

Eric Masson
--
Opinions stated below are mine and can't be considered as
official Kisoft Services policy.