Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:40:30 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Bimal Patel <bims_patel@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding Running Program

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

>     I have a problem in running a program compiled by CC compiler on Red=
=20
> Hat Linux 8.0 plateform. It is giving binary errors. Basically the progra=
m=20
> sends mail to specified E-Mail address on the specified server. I don't=
=20
> know what is the problem, because it runs nicely on the Red Hat Linux 8.0=
=20
> plateform.

You have two options: Either recompile the program on FreeBSD (which
ships with gcc 2.95.4 as the system compiler, but there are other C/C++
compilers available in the ports collection[1].

The other option is to enable the linux compatiblity mode[2] and "brand"
the Redhat binary:

brandelf -t Linux <program>

Regards,
 Simon