Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:06:36 +0800
From:      "Intron is my alias on the Internet" <mag@intron.ac>
To:        rdivacky@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some Linux Applications Have Been on Strike

Divacky Roman wrote:

>> I don't know the meaning of kernel messages:
>>
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>> second wakeup
>
> is it the case that EVERY TIME you see this the program which emits this doesnt work?
> are there any other non-working programs that doesnt emit this?
>
> how you can help: if you can see any futex usage pattern that causes problems please tell me.
> or if oyu have some simple testing program which reproduces this behaviour.
>
> thnx
>
> roman

1. The kernel message "second wakeup" is produced when Firefox 1.5.0.6
    is normally working.

2. With the help of top(1), I've known that both Mozilla 1.7.12
    (GTK 1) and Firefox 1.0.7 (GTK 2) are stalled on the state "linuxf".

3. Adobe Reader 7.0.8 can work occasionally if its configuration files
    (in ~/.adobe/) are initialized for the first time with the help of
    Roman's patch.

Well, I would do some hacking to find the problem.

                                                From Beijing, China