Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 03:36:56 +0000
From:      "BSD Geek" <bsd_geek@hotmail.com>
To:        wblock@wonkity.com, ecerejo@zapo.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Full-Duplex or Half-Duplex

Warren Block wrote on 27 May 2002:

>On Mon, 27 May 2002, E.J.Cerejo wrote:
>
> > I was able to change it Full-Duplex but it still transfers at very
> > slow speeds it didn't make any difference.
>
>Set both interfaces to 100, half-duplex.  Make sure that neither side is
>using autonegotiation for either line speed or duplex (or anything
>else!).

errrrm, why?

surely that just makes matters worse?

if 100-FDX (I'm a network kid really - work with big ciscos, junis, etc)
works without errors, then why dump down to HDX, which at best is 30-40%
thruput due to shared media & collisions?

I would suspect the crypto code at one end or the other rather than the
network.  can you try a non-encrypted file tranfer as a control?

-bsd_g