Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:27:34 +0200
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alex <alex323@gmail.com>, frank.wissmann41@web.de
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Lenovo G550

Dnia =B6roda, 21 kwietnia 2010 o 22:22:07 Alex napisa=B3(a):
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:19:30 +0200
>=20
> Frank Wi=DFmann <frank.wissmann41@web.de> wrote:
> > Hello, list!
> > Does anybody have any experience with the combination mentioned in
> > the subject? I like to buy one, but I'm insecure about how they work
> > together. Any useful comments about it are thankfully appreciated.
>=20
> I don't have the G550, but I do have the X200-CTO. I am using
> 8.0-RELEASE and it seems to be fine, other than a few slight issues.
> There is no speaker sound (only headphones), you need to use ndis for
> the wireless driver, and sleep/resume/hibernate (etc) do not work.
I have R400 but some chips are common in these laptops.

Alex, for sound try this:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3D12910

Wireless cards can be different in the same model. I think most popular for=
=20
Lenovo are Broadcom and Intel.
My is Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100AGN so iwn driver works fine.

=46rom what is on http://www.lapspecs.com/wiki/lenovo+g550 it looks that it=
=20
should be supported but without having it running you can't be sure. There =
are=20
many examples where the same model can have totally different parts inside.

Maciek