Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:51:09 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>, Chris Knight <fbsd-stb@ghostwheel.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mergemaster rocks!

"Matthew D. Fuller" wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 07:12:09PM +1100, a little birdie told me
> that Gregory Bond remarked
> >
> > but I wish there was an option to point out files in the live /etc that weren't
> > in the prototype one ...
> >
> > and that it was smarter dealing with pwd.db and spwd.db
>
> Having some sort of 'exclude' file it could read would be a nice
> addition.  master.passwd, *.db, aliases, maybe sendmail.cw, rc.local...
> some things you really don't want to mistakenly 'merge'...

	What I do is customize /usr/src/etc/Makefile so I don't have to deal
with that situation. If the file doesn't exist in the temp root then
mergemaster doesn't deal with it. :) However one of the things on my
list is a .mergemaster.rc file where you can specify things like default
command line settings, so I will take a look at adding a list of files
to exclude from the merge.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

     Like desperadoes waiting for a train . . .