Date:      Fri, 03 Feb 1995 18:01:32 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Compatible Logo

> "Me and FreeBSD"
> "FreeBSD for ME"
> "just FreeBSD"

Uh, can we end this thread?  I'm out of insulin! :)

Seriously, we have a lot of things to worry about before we start
sweating the logo (geeze!) and we already have a ``mascot'' so if you
need an image, just use his (in a non-commercial way) and nobody will
mind.  I see no reason for *anyone* to put a whole bunch of work into
this for PR purposes.  If you have extra energy for PR and are just
itching to do something, then by all means talk to me and I'll give
you a plenty of suggestions for things that will maximize your PR for
minimum effort invested.  A logo isn't anywhere near the top of my
list, I can tell you that.  Once the kind of foundation is in place
for actually making *use* of such a logo, then we can re-evaluate its
importance to us.

					Jordan