Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 14:39:16 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Ertan Kucukoglu" <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bash

> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > If you are daring enough, you can change the shell of root to
> > /usr/local/bin/bash and have toor log into that /bin/csh beast.
> Hello,
>
> I want to ask a question about bash. Why don't we just copy the
> /usr/local/bin/bash to /bin/bash? So, there will be no problem if the
/usr
> is not mounted for any reason.

If you compile your bash static, and it does not need any
libraries in order to run properly, then that is definitely the
way to go..  However, the last time I saw a statically compiled
bash, my heart jumped in terror :-))

> Nobody suggested that before, and do not see any problem with it.

Well, yes.  I suppose that for maintenance tasks, i.e. for booting
a few times in single user, a lot of people feel comfortable enough
with either /bin/csh or /bin/sh.