Date:      Sat, 8 May 2004 18:44:26 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB fash devices and dd

--v9GM59ztqFZSwQjD

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 06:22:27PM +0200, Soeren Straarup wrote:
+> > AFAIR I was having simlar problem with gbde on usb bar (da0) when file
+> > system from this device was mounted. I was able to fix panic in gbde,
+> > I was able to fix cam(4), but I wasn't able to fix UFS (maybe I should
+> > try harder). Anyway, without mounted file system it should be possible
+> > to fix this quite easy.
+>=20
+> My problem is, is it the usb code that panic or is it from the geom laye=
r?

Chances are that both, but GEOM should handle this probably and first is
the USB layer. It could be also cam(4), that comes after USB.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--v9GM59ztqFZSwQjD