Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:38:43 +0200
From:      "Brunoc@quipo.it" <brunoc@quipo.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   I upgraded from CVSup: did I get a -stable branch ?

Hi,

just a question for a doubt I have:I updated the src tree via cvsup =
using
the file included below.According to some BSD literature (not found in =
the handbook),
by using the 'RELENG_4' tag in the supfile, I will get the source tree =
for the latest=20
-STABLE branch, and that is what I wanted.I CVSuped,the I recompiled the =
source tree=20
and the kernel,according to the FreeBSD Handbook instructions.
All went OK.This is the output from the 'uname -a' command after the =
process:

FreeBSD ciao.singles.it 4.9-RC FreeBSD 4.9-RC #0: Wed Oct 15 00:12:26 =
CEST 2003     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CURRENT_WINE  i386

I have two questions:
1)looking at the output of 'uname', is this a STABLE version of FreeBSD =
(as I would expect) ?
2)if I wanted, for example, 4.5 stable, or instead 4.3 stable, which =
options should I put in the supfile ?

Thank you very much.
Bruno

THE SUPFILE:
# $FreeBSD: /root/cvsup/stable-supfile,v 1.19.2.4 2000/08/18 18:50:21 =
jkh Exp $
#
*default host=3Dcvsup10.FreeBSD.org
*default base=3D/usr
*default prefix=3D/usr
*default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
src-all

---
[Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude Virus]
[Quipo ISP - This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]