Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2007 03:03:20 -0700
From:      Bruce Caruthers <bkc-freebsdlists@dreamfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DOH! ata_alloc_request failed!

Um... should I be concerned?

Jul 31 02:29:26 arachne2 kernel: DOH! ata_alloc_request failed!

I was in the process of copying all my files over
from my old server, but I didn't receive any errors
during the copies except for this in the dmesg and
messages logs... (and, unfortunately, since I was
doing so many NFS and tarball copies/extracts, I am
not sure which one hiccupped).  I do plan to verify
all my copying, but should I be concerned with the
stability of the system?

=== my system:
"arachne2"
FreeBSD6.2R/amd64
Intel DG965WH mobo (7/25 BIOS)
ICH8R SATA RAID (2x RAID-1)
4x Hitachi SATA300 320GB HDT725032VLA360

=== copying via NFS from: (in case it matters)
"arachne"
FreeBSD4.2R/i386
Abit BX133-RAID mobo
HighPoint HPT-370