Date:      Sat, 04 May 2002 21:26:33 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        brian@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT and P-IV problems

Hi,

Try disabling -pipe when building the compiler.  This seems to make
things more stable here (CFLAGS=-O in /etc/make.conf) - as if
building the kernel with -pipe sometimes produces a kernel that
subsequently murders the compiler with sig11/sig4 all the time.

This is just marginally more than theory at the moment though.

You may need to bootstrap a new kernel by building it on another
machine to get things running again.

Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !      <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>