Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:06:53 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-newbies group is a compromise community.

Johnson David wrote:

>No one deserves snide remarks. A simple "this is the wrong list" should
>suffice.
>
>David

Most probably true.  Can't agree with that
100 per cent of the time, tho; 99.98% perhaps.
Once in a great while someone is so out of
line that ya just gotta say "get out of town."
Perhaps it shouldn't be snide exactly, but
what about the troll who won't quit?  But,
that'll never happen on newbies@, most likely.
<?>

Finally, is this something we might agree on?
Technical questions aren't permitted, but
"your experiences" are....

Newbie A:  "I'm having trouble with foomatic..."

Newbie B:  "I had trouble with foomatic, but by
changing the $bar variable in my $file, I was
able to overcome this difficulty."

Newbie C:  "And the other possibility is that
you forgot to read /usr/share/doc/foomatic/README,
which reminds us that you must first have bazalooza(1)
installed in order for foomatic(1) to work.  That's
what bit me when I first tried it.  Of course, if
that doesn't work, you should write to questions@...."

Newbie A:  "Cool.  Thanks guys!"  :-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.