Date:      Wed, 09 Apr 1997 18:43:01 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ASUS SC200 SCSI controller

I am thinking about buying an ASUS SC200 SCSI controller card. However,
I have read on this list that there must be BIOS support for the card.
Is this correct? If so, how do I know if I have support? I have an AMI
BIOS on a Pentium PCI motherboard. I checked my BIOS settings and could
not find anything related; but I also checked my system at work, which
has an AWARD BIOS and could not find anything related to SCSI there
either. I think I remember reading that the AWARD BIOS had NCR SCSI
support.  I am not at the system in question at this time so I can not
provide more details. If I do not have BIOS support, what other
inexpensive but good SCSI cards could I look at? Thank you.
--
Glenn Johnson
USDA-ARS-SRRC; CFQ