Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:02:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Dexter <sdexter@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more compilation trouble

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.1 to 4.1 (using the CDS) and am having a
rough time of it.  I've installed the entire src distriubtion from the CD
(including crypto and secure).  Per the instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING,
I'm now trying to make buildworld.  The /usr/obj tree gets setup fine, but
almost immediately in "stage 2: build tools" the process comes to a
screeching halt with complaints of syntax errors after

cd /usr/src/lib/libncurses; make build-tools

I've tried to do this part of the build independently of make buildworld
and get similar results (slightly different errors).

Are there other source files I need?  Are these somehow out of date?  Do I
need to fiddle with make.conf?  Not sure how to get around this..

Thanks
Scott Dexter