Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:56:47 +0700 (NSS)
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arcnet support for FreeBSD (request for review)

hi, there!

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Joerg Micheel wrote:

> Hmm. Not exactly an oldie myself, but I did have this time warp in
> my life when coming out of Russia. So, can picture Max' interest in
> ArcNet, at least at the hobby level. Around here, students build
> Wavelan's with Lucent cards and an omni antenna and share a 6MBit
> ADSL link within the neighbourhood. Most students have better Internet
> access at home for themselves than the whole University :-).

I am not a student as you might think. I graduated from the
university about three years ago. The reason I am trying to push Arcnet
drivers is that people continue to ask me about availability of Arcnet
drivers for FreeBSD. Yes, it's a kind of hobby for me.

I'd be very glad if at least ARP code will be committed to FreeBSD tree so
I could maintain drivers more easily. Who is the maintainer of ARP
code these days?

/fjoe