Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 06:57:23 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gdbtk

Chuck Robey writes:

> Thought you guys might like to know;  I was tipped off that the newest
> gdb compiled fine under current, I just checked with a program I wrote,
> and it sure does recognize our executeable format.  What I'm trying to
> pass on is something that we haven't been able to use before, because of
> the inability to run gdb out-of-the-box.  That something is gdbtk, a nice
> tk interface to gdb.

it does compile under -current and it is possible to debug a programm using
it but it doesn't seem to completely grok our core files. It has problems
unrolling the stack.

The GUI is a little primitive and not very good compared to e.g. tgdb, but
it's early days yet.

Still needs some work for FBSD.

Gary J