Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 17:56:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   CCD  - amazing results :)

		Hi there ppl,

I've played with CCD  today in the following( not the
best one possible) config):

ASUS 133Mhz P5 , 1 AHA2940 + 1 AHA2940W , 2 15150W 4gb HD,
2 35350N 2Gb HDs.
I tried to split HDs evenly between those 2 adaptors ,
so what I had were 2 wide HDs on the first adaptor,
amnd 2 on the second.

Read peaks at 12+Mb sec with 16 in /etc/ccd.conf
Write peaks at ~13Mb/sec with 512 in /etc/ccd.conf

Trying to optimize both , I ended up with 128 and
9.5-10Mb read/write.

Looks stable , easy to configure and well, fast :)

During the test I've played with 120Mb - 400Mb big files,
run 4 simultaneous "tar --unlink -xvf 32.meg.big.tar.all.different"
trying to trash it. Works just fine

I'm trying to get "bonnie" installed , BTW what is the official
site for it ? , so I'll report bonnie's results here later

PS - Tried it on P6-150Mhz from ASUS  - no luck there.
Braindead PCI implementation is SLOW !!! Don;t but it
yet !

Or , at least call Intel and ask for Alder :)) - may be then
we'll be able to get the thing :))

Rashid