Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:29:07 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What's changed recently with vmware/linuxemu/file I/O

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:58:17AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> >=20
> > Looks like some way of clustering this might achieve a lot.
> >=20
> > what does systat -vmstat or vmstat 1
> > show?
> > Better still, I guess we could do a linux-truss
> > and see what it's doing...
>
> I believe that it's strace under linux.  If someone can provide me
> with a binary of this tool I'll happily run it here and see what
> vmware's doing.
>
> Joe

The problem seems to have gone away after this (kindly pointed out to
me by Maxim after my other post about xsane dropping cores):

: Subject: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/stdio findfp.c
: Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:34:50 -0800 (PST)
: From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
: To: cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
:
: sobomax     2001/02/07 09:34:49 PST
:
:   Modified files:
:     lib/libc/stdio       findfp.c
:   Log:
:   Fix a f^Hdamn typo, which prevented to fopen() more that 17 files at once.
:
:   Tested by:	knu, sobomax and other #bsdcode'rs
:
:   Revision  Changes    Path
:   1.9       +2 -2      src/lib/libc/stdio/findfp.c

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>