Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:02:25 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: locking questions (regarding file systems)

On 08/03/06 15:01, R. B. Riddick wrote:
> --- Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> wrote:
>> I just did, and looks like the g_vfs_close directly after the g_vfs_open
>> block (I copy-pasted) works ok.  When unmounting, it then panics on
>> g_vfs_close, probably because it's already closed from before.
>>
> So the sequence:
>   g_vfs_open(...);
>   g_vfs_close(...);
> works fine.
>
> What r u doing between the mount and the unmount calls?
> Maybe something changes, so that ...close() deadlocks?
>
> Did u try to put debug printf's in the g_vfs_close() function? :-)

No, I've been trying to avoid that :)

> Or is there a program somewhere, that uses g_vfs_open/close?
> Maybe u could learn/copy&paste from hpfs?
>   http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/ident?i=g_vfs_close

I've looked at other fs's, and it's helpful, but it's a bug in my code
that is the problem. :)

I think I know the block of code the problem is in, now I just have to
hunt it down.  If I move the g_vfs_close around, I can get a panic like:

panic: lockmgr: locking against myself

Eric