Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:09:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Skrab <bgs@geeks.valleyip.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disappearing Mouse Cursor???

Hello,

	I've just configured XWindows on a FreeBSD 3.2 machine, and when I
	start xdm, the X display shows up, but without a cursor for my
	mouse.  The mouse still works as far as pointing and clicking, but
	there is no pointer to indicate where it is on the screen.
	Interestingly enough, the cursor shows up in the graphical config
	utility provided by the sysinstall program.  Anyone know why this
	might be?  In case it's of any importance (and it probably is), the
	video card in the system has a Cirrus Logic chip on it -- they seem
	prone to problems.  At least that's what the documentation I've seen
	seems to indicate.

	Any help is greatly appreciated.

	Thank you,

	~brian