Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 08:53:22 -0700
From:      Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/27240: df does not support '-l' option

On Friday 11 May 2001 08:46 am, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 08:30:03AM -0700, Jim Pirzyk wrote:
> > The following reply was made to PR bin/27240; it has been noted by GNATS.
> >
> > From: Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>
> > To: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
> > Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
> > Subject: Re: bin/27240: df does not support '-l' option
> > Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:18:39 -0700
> >
> >  So here is the complete patch using VFCF_NETWORK flag to generate the
> > list of networked filesystems.
>
> I still think the MNT_LOCAL way is cleaner - no mucking up with kernel
> internal defines (sysctl's do tend to change from time to time), but only
> using well-known and well-documented information exported by the statfs(2)
> interface.

The only sysctl that I use is for the maxvfsconf variable just so I can store
all the possible vfc_name values, but we could get around without it, by
traversing the getvfsent twice.

I just thought we could put both versions out there and let the core team
decide which one is better.

I actually do not have a preference.

- JimP

--