Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:48:44 -0500
From:      "Jamil Taylor" <jamil_taylor@pobox.com>
To:        "Bernhard Valenti" <bernhard.valenti@gmx.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cracks with sblive

I have had crackling sounds with an SB Live card on an Athlon based system
and my current Intel based Dell. As soon as I upgraded to XFree 4.0.2 and
KDE2, the crackling stopped. The SB Live is crystal clear now playing
everything. I did not change any hardware before or after the upgrade.

I do not know if this upgrade would have removed the crackling from the
Athlon system (as I don't own it anymore), but it did for the Intel.