Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 1995 01:37:52 -0400
From:      steve2@genesis.nred.ma.us (Steve Gerakines)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Floppy Tape timeout errors

>   The problem I'm having now, tho, is whenever I do any operations with ft, I
> get:
> 	Jul 27 20:57:25 scylla /kernel: fdc0 input ready timeout	or
> 	Jul 27 20:57:25 scylla /kernel: fdc0 output ready timeout
>

>   These messages keep being repeated on the console, naturally, which is
> really annoying.

Kristyn-

The messages are annoying yet normal and can be ignored.  They are caused
by the fd driver spewing too many debug messages.  In the next release of
the ft driver I use my own I/O routines so this problem will be eliminated
entirely.  I just went from 1.1.5 to 2.0.5 myself and I get the messages
as well, but my backups and restores work fine.

- Steve
steve2@genesis.tiac.net