Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:00:15 +0100
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
To:        Alan Eldridge <ports@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        dwcjr@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: muttprint port doesn't work with perl < 5.6

> To Oliver: please email dwcjr@freebsd.org and approve committing this
> patch. This supercedes the one you got a few minutes ago that didn't
> go anywhere else due to hub.freebsd.org problem. Thanks.

David: Please commit Alan's patch.

There is just one open question about this port:

I forgot to add some RUN_DEPENDS :(

muttprint uses the following external programms:

latex, dvips, psnup, psselect, convert, uncompface

This results in something like:

RUN_DEPENDS=  latex:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX
RUN_DEPENDS+= dvips:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX
.if defined(A4)
RUN_DEPENDS+= psnup:${PORTSDIR}/print/psutils-a4
RUN_DEPENDS+= psselect:${PORTSDIR}/print/psutils-a4
.else
RUN_DEPENDS+= psnup:${PORTSDIR}/print/psutils-letter
RUN_DEPENDS+= psselect:${PORTSDIR}/print/psutils-letter
.endif
RUN_DEPENDS+= convert:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/ImageMagick

but: uncompface seems to be not available in the ports.

IMO there are two possible solutions:
1. We change the muttprint-script and forget about printing x-faces.
2. I create a compface [1] port and make muttprint depend on it.

IMO the second one is better.

Regards,
         Olli

1. http://freshmeat.net/projects/compface/