Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:29:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vmware and -current

seems to work fine,
except that now we don't have block devices any more
so every time it gets stuff off disk, it's REALLY SLOW.

I guess a virtual machine is the "App that no-one could put their finger
on" that really could do with buffered (caching) devices.

of course this is w98.
FreeBSD 1.1.5 and freebsd 3.3 seem run as well but I've only run them off
virtual disks (which therefore have buffering)