Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:36:21 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: testing memory speed

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 11:24:06PM -0700, Mike wrote:
> Some BIOS detect memory speed and size. Mine showed a mismatch in speed
> 100 on one and 133 on another. Changed to both 133 and did not really
> see a difference.

Memtest does give an indication of speed.
It appears for example from my use of it that DDR ram is about 50%
faster than the "ordinary" stuff...

As has been pointed out by another poster, it is not quite so cut and
dried as the pure speed of your memory, bus speed etc comes into it.

Anyway just get a 2nd mortgage on your house and buy some RIMM .. ho ho..

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson